Dr Jonathan Sproson
Director | BDS
- National Dental Awards Finalist
- Founding member of BACD
- 45 years’ restorative experience
- Interests – Jonathan enjoys being a dentist and was the principal of two clinics and an associate in a few others. His philosophy is to provide a solid foundation for dental health and overall well-being, and his practice was on aesthetic orthodontics employing ABB methods. He is also particularly interested in TMJ issues and has given lectures to colleagues on the topic.
- Innovation – In the early 1990s, he left the NHS for private practice after completing a significant conversion utilising Denplan. In 2002, he and Jayne established a unique service, relocating from ‘professional street’ to an out-of-town business park, accomplishing a personal ambition to serve his patients with an exceptional patient experience that has impacted many other practises thereafter.
- Accreditation – Jonathan was a founding member of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and one of the country’s first dentists to achieve the Excel Accreditation. He has been a finalist in many national awards and served on his LDC for many years. Jonathan qualified as a Practice assessor with the CGDENT UK helping many practices come to terms with the implementation of CQC requirements.
- Impact – Working in the consultancy, Jonathan enjoys very much the Discover Days and the training he delivers with dentists to leverage their private consultations. ‘When we get to the ‘what if’ stage of a Discovery Day, I still get a buzz from showing the practice owners the many opportunities they are missing and how we can help develop strategies to help deliver’. Increasingly, he spends time in surgery mentoring dentists on upserving to upsell to patients.
When Jonathan isn’t improving smiles or estimating the impact of poor fee setting, he enjoys exploring the nearby hills and playing golf at his local club, just around 200 metres from his house! His pastimes outside of work include music, geology, sailing, wine tasting, and being a good Grandpa.
Back to Who We Are